The Association has established criteria for registration in order to best protect the public interest and foster confidence in the competency of the profession. The requirements include:
- A Diploma in Osteopathic Manual Practice obtained in an accredit education institute approved by the Association.
- Completion of 4200 hours in osteopathy education, including at least 1000 hours of supervised clinical practice.
- Evaluation based on your education record and osteopathic practice experience.
- Some applicants may be required to successful pass our interview or/and an academic examination, which include your theoretical knowledge, practice safety and professional ethics.
- Previous conduct must not afford reasonable grounds for the belief that osteopathic manual practice will not be practiced safely and ethically.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, or be authorized under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to engage in employment as an osteopathic manual practitioner.